As a team we are results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. We are ambitious, vibrant, hardworking and energetic. To join our team you must share our values and team culture and you will be rewarded with flexible working, respect, a fun company to work for and a role that you can be proud of.
About the company
CHS connects hotels and venues with UK event professionals by creating amazing events that people want to be part of.
- CHS Leeds, a one-day trade show with over 200 exhibitors in Leeds (www.chsleeds.com)
- CHS Birmingham, a one-day trade show with over 250 exhibitors in Birmingham (www.chsbirmingham.com)
- Inspirational Venue Roadshows, a series of meet the buyer events for inspirational hotels and venues (www.chsgroupuk.com).
- Various industry related events such as conferences and dinners.
About the role:
Here at CHS we are searching for a personality to support the team day to day in delivering amazing experiences for our customers.
The main duty of the Event Administrator is to support all departments within CHS with a focus within event operations and marketing in delivery of our LIVE events both efficiently and professionally.
You will need to play an active role in the delivery of high-quality end-to-end administrative support to all key event stakeholders including CHS staff, speakers, partners, exhibitors, buyers and supplies at all levels.
The duties are, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative duties to support the team relating to all events in our portfolio such as updating key event trackers, CRM, creating invoices, updating the website, requesting key information from third parties.
- Deal with incoming calls, emails regarding registration / exhibiting and general event queries
- Liaise with host venues to obtain key information for events and to ensure that chosen venues are updated with all details prior to an event
- Organising and co-ordinating travel and accommodation when required
- Supporting with budget management
- Ensure evaluation surveys and attendance is recorded onto CRM and reporting systems.
- Create and send invoices, chase debt and complete supplier forms
- Attend events to support registration and set up when required.
- Be able to build and control relationships with key stakeholders
- Order branded merchandise and ensure costs are recorded and within budget. Liaise with mailing house, designers, printers and couriers to support marketing initiatives/campaigns
- Managing and editing websites
- Assisting with proofing documents
- Assist in the creation of slide-decks in PowerPoint for events using correct branding
- Hubspot (CRM) to be updated and accurate at all times
- Attend regular team meetings a well as weekly catch-up meetings with the team when required
- Follow processes and procedures established within the team and organisation and document any new processes accordingly
- General admin support to the wider business
- Ability to work within a high energy and super motivated team
- To work remotely from home and be a self-starter
- Full driving licence
Who are we looking for?
We’re on an exciting journey and we’re looking for someone who is fully engaged, thrives on being successful and reporting on their results. We’re looking for someone who will share the feeling that our clients get when they win new business – the buzz, the high, the sense of achievement.
As a team, we love the thrill of smashing targets, supporting each other with our positive energy and showing grit and determination when the going gets tough. We’re still a relatively small team, so whilst you’ll have the support of your Line Manager, we don’t have time to micro-manage – so you’ll need to rely on your own passion and drive to make every day count.
Finally, integrity is key to our culture, so if you’re used to cutting corners or saying ‘that will do’ then this role isn’t for you. You’ll be working with a company that has a great reputation for being open and honest with support from your colleagues who share your passion and drive.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Computer literate and have good working knowledge of packages eg. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage various functions at once
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources
- Strong customer care skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Proactive and quick learner
- Experience of working within the exhibitions and events industry
- Experience of Hubspot (CRM)
- Experience of Xero (Accounting software)
- Experience of WordPress (Website CMS)
- Experience of working and supporting a remote team
- Home based in the North West of the UK
Salary & contract type:
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Location: Home based
- Hours: Full time, Contract: Permanent.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
5pm Friday 31st March 2023